Get out of the house! Otherwise you and your baby are gonna go nuts! It might not have been part of the plan but oh well…adapt! YES, there are gonna be some things you want to get done but if your baby wants your company and attention then those things have gotta take a lesser notch on the priority tower. And not everyone has the money to pay for “mommy’s morning out” or two days of daycare so you can get a breather -let’s just be REAL. Because those are gonna be some of the suggestions that people give you. Hey, you know your lifestyle and your family’s financial situation so make healthy decisions for YOU and YOURS! Here are some ideas of things you can do to keep busy and truly enjoy your every day life. A full activity schedule won’t be a daily necessity, but when you find it hard to send out emails or chat on the phone or run errands, these are some great ideas to keep you chill and slow you down so that you can “be in the moment” with your sweet baby. They grow up so fast!!!!
- Use your stroller and walk around your neighborhood
- Get in the car and ride to the mall; walk around the mall with your baby/kid in a carrier or stroller or walking alongside you and window shop! Relax…it’s OK to watch your little one run around bananas because guess what…the mall is so colorful and all the sounds etc.
- Walk around the grocery store and talk to your baby or toddler about the food and what’s on the shelves. Have a conversation with them! They are learning and absorbing!
- When it’s close to nap time, take your baby or walking toddler to the park or get out in the back yard and let them get some fresh air. If you have a walking toddler, let them run around bananas!!! (I say bananas a lot :))
- If you have a walking toddler -chase them around the house!!! They will be so tired afterwards you’ll thank me later!