With Bella on my lap nursing, I managed to soak my feet. That’s the only time I was able to get it in. I needed this “break”. I needed to do something for myself even if it were just soaking my feet in some aromatic deliciousness. Moms -you’ve gotta take care of yourself. Find a way to make time for YOU. Yes -when you have a new baby IT’S ALL ABOUT THEM. But that doesn’t mean you can’t get creative and insert some “you time” into your day of changing diapers, rocking baby to sleep and uh, yeah -you’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish even with baby nursing on the boob!! LOL
WAYS TO INSERT “ME TIME”
1. While nursing, sit in a comfortable chair or on the sofa and soak your feet in a foot bath.
2. While feeding baby a bottle, have a bowl of your favorite fruit near so that you can pop a few in your mouth at a time.
3. While giving baby a bath -play YOUR favorite music.
4. Start or end your day with your favorite cup of coffee, tea or even hot chocolate.
5. Stash a bar of chocolate in your bedside dresser.